New Site!

Please go to the new site, ChangeYouCanAfford.com. This site is no longer going to be updated or kept current. All posts and information will be on the new site.

Come join us on the new site!


Hey all. Just so you know this will now be the only place for these blog posts.

As we transition Change You Can Afford into a charity, that site will be dedicated to the charity and no longer host the blogging archives.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Children's Smiles

One of the sweetest things in our world is children's laughter and their smile. I know I have spent too much time watching a video of a laughing baby on YouTube. In fact I will share that with you now. :-)



Every time I watch it I can help but smile and giggle along with that little child, especially when he starts laughing before ripping the paper - he knows what is about to happen. It puts me in a better frame of mind every time. Which is why today I today I decided to support Operation Smile, every child deserves to have a beautiful smile and they help with this.

The organizations goal is to help those who are born with a cleft condition that makes it hard for many of them to eat, speak, socialize, or smile. It requires surgery to fix it and in many places the parents can't afford that surgery, which is where Operation Smile comes in, they help these children live a normal life by giving them the ability to smile naturally. "Since 1982, Operation Smile — through the help of dedicated medical volunteers — has provided free surgeries to children around the world. As one of the most prominent children’s charities in the world and with a presence in over 50 countries, we are able to heal children’s smiles and bring hope for a better future."

I'm a bit of a sucker for charities that work with and for children, if you hadn't noticed already, and this one really is a great organization and has received many awards in honor of their service around the globe. Because I missed a post, I went ahead and wrote a second post for y'all today...let me know what you think of this organization.

1 comment:

  1. These last two are very cool. It amazes me how many charities are out there and all the good work they do.

    ReplyDelete