New Site!

Please go to the new site, ChangeYouCanAfford.com. This site is no longer going to be updated or kept current. All posts and information will be on the new site.

Come join us on the new site!


Hey all. Just so you know this will now be the only place for these blog posts.

As we transition Change You Can Afford into a charity, that site will be dedicated to the charity and no longer host the blogging archives.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Small Business Growth

Today's local organization is ACCION San Diego. I had not heard of this charity before, but I like their idea's. Their focus is on micro-lending to small business in order to help grow the economy, because small business and entrepreneurs often lack access to more traditional forms of capital. ACCION is providing an opportunity for people to achieve their dreams of owning their own business.

In addition, many of their customers identify with a marginalized ethnicity, 68%, or as a woman, 45%, both groups which face hurdles in our society. ACCION provides loans to these groups which might lack the access to traditional bank loans. They also work with their business to help them grow their business skill through their work with community partners.

I like that this group is helping to create jobs through helping people achieve their dream of owning their own business. I know that even I have thought of owning my own business, so knowing that there is such a great organization in my community makes me happy. I am glad to donate to this charity today.

Also, they are a four star rated charity, by chairty navigator!

No comments:

Post a Comment