New Site!

Please go to the new site, ChangeYouCanAfford.com. This site is no longer going to be updated or kept current. All posts and information will be on the new site.

Come join us on the new site!


Hey all. Just so you know this will now be the only place for these blog posts.

As we transition Change You Can Afford into a charity, that site will be dedicated to the charity and no longer host the blogging archives.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Microfinance Week: Winner - Vittana

Hey all,

So the winner of the microfinance week competition is Vittana, they are the student microloaning organization which lends peer to peer, which means I get to choose the person I loan my $25 dollars too. If I can I will link it up to this post later, that way you can see who I choose, thanks to your choice of organization.

Thanks for the comments, and I know there are a lot of you who read and don't comment, but I really would love to hear from you lurkers, so please think about commenting next time you enjoy an article or want to add to the conversation. Thanks!!!


This upcoming week is the first week of February, which for those who are unaware is Black History Month here in the USA and Canada. A fact which I would like to commemorate by donating to organizations which work to eliminate racial prejudices and help create a more equal society. Off the top of my head, I was thinking the ACLU, Color of Change, NAACP, or possibly UNCF. If you like these idea's let me know. However, if you have any suggestions of good organizations out their, please let me know. I always love learning about new charitable organizations.

Thanks. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beta!
    Thanks for posting such informative entries. You've inspired me to contribute 10% of my income when I can (i.e. if I have food and rent taken care of) to charities, and I'll definitely be following your blog to see more good ideas in the future.
    Hope everything's going well, and keep up the good work, it's very inspiring!
    -Erik

    ReplyDelete